Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Honda CBR250RA
The CBR250RA is far removed from the sort of basic commuter bike often found in this class – it’s a true Honda sportbike loaded with sophisticated engineering and high-tech components.
The good stuff starts with the CBR250RA’s jewel of an engine. Purpose-built just for this bike, the 249 cc liquid-cooled single with PGM-FI electronic fuel injection was conceived, engineered and built to provide an optimum torque curve for street riding, impressive top-end power, and the superior power-to-weight ratio that makes riding a high-performance 250 so exciting. The compact size of the engine was a key element in allowing engineers to create a sporty chassis and rider ergonomics that comfortably fit riders big and small. With its centralized mass, compact wheelbase, full-size 17-inch wheels, nimble steering geometry and light overall weight, the CBR250RA achieves that magical state of feeling like it’s responding to your very thoughts.
Plus, it’s the only bike in its class to offer the benefits of ABS brakes.
- Diamond-shaped twin-spar steel frame plus a 37 mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- The CBR250RA is the only bike in its class to offer the benefits of ABS. The CBR250RA’s Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) provides sure control on even difficult road surfaces.
- Curb weight of only 166 kg (366 lb) gives the CBR250RA outstanding manoeuvrability and helps instill rider confidence.
- Sporty ergonomics promote a balanced seating position for optimum control and long-distance comfort.
- Full-sized 17-inch cast wheels with a 110/70 – 17 front tire and a 140/70 – 17 rear tire provide big-bike feel, grip and handling traits.
- VFR1200-style full fairing with windscreen enhances aerodynamics while also deflecting the oncoming wind for excellent rider comfort.
- Multi-function digital instrument panel includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and trip meter.
- Fuel capacity of 13 litres gives the CBR250RA a cruising range of more than 320 kilometres.
- An external fuel filter maximizes fuel tank capacity while also easing fuel filter maintenance.
- Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- A handy underseat storage area adds to the CBR250RA’s versatility.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 37 mm telescopic fork; 130 mm (5.1 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with spring preload adjustment; 104 mm (4.1 in.) travel
- Tires: 110/70 - 17 front; 140/70 - 17 rear
- Brakes: Front 296 mm disc with triple-piston caliper; rear 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Seat Height: 775 mm (30.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,370 mm (53.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 166 kg (366 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 13 L
- Colour: Ruby Red / Silver Metallic, Asteroid Black Metallic / Silver Metallic
- Warranty: 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- The 249 cc single-cylinder engine has been purpose-built for the CBR250RA, and boasts such high-performance features as dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type silent chain, forked roller rocker arms, a compact four-valve cylinder head, a counterbalance shaft, and liquid cooling.
- The light and compact engine contributes to the CBR250RA’s nimble steering, intuitive handling and impressive power-to-weight ratio, which allows it to outperform twin-cylinder bikes of similar displacement.
- Shim-style valve adjustment allows easy inspection and maintenance, although with a recommended inspection interval of 48,000 km, you’ll ride a long, long time between any needed adjustments.
- The engine countershaft sits lower than the mainshaft in a “stacked” formation to further reduce the engine’s front-to-back dimensions.
- Bore and stroke measurements are equivalent to those of the CBR1000RRA’s high-performance engine.
- The engine produces a remarkably broad torque curve for strong low-rpm performance, and peak horsepower kicks in at 8,500 rpm—well before the 10,500-rpm redline. This wide spread of power makes the CBR250RA easy and confidence-inspiring to ride, in both stop-and-go situations and on the highway, while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing, both contributing to the engine’s high-performance credentials.
- A gear-driven counterbalance shaft helps quell engine vibration for enhanced rider comfort. It’s located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while improving mass centralization.
- Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the current riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus improved fuel economy.
- The PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.
- The CBR250RA’s engine meets both EPA 49-state and Euro-3 emissions standards by incorporating the latest in exhaust and catalyzer technology. The tri-metal catalytic converter reduces the level of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and nitrous oxides, while an oxygen sensor in the exhaust enables the engine’s Electronic Control Unit to ensure complete combustion within the engine.
- The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine’s broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration plus excellent fuel economy during highway cruising.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke, Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm telescopic fork; 130 mm (5.1 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with spring preload adjustment; 104 mm (4.1 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 296 mm disc with triple-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Front Tire
- 110/70 - 17
- Rear Tire
- 140/70 - 17
- 1,370 mm (53.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 775 mm (30.5 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 13 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 166 kg (366 lb.)
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Ruby Red / Silver Metallic, Asteroid Black Metallic / Silver Metallic
- 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus