Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Yamaha BOLT R SPEC
Has factory extended warranty until October 2019!
A trend is emerging in the motorcycle world, with a "back to basics" approach. Designers and custom builders are stepping back to a time when the mechanical beauty of a motorcycle was highlighted in its styling. The Bolt R-Spec's simple styling, compact layout, V-Twin power and natural riding position combine to offer an incredibly fun riding experience.
Power: 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin engine produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque. Maximum torque is reached at only 3,000 rpm - for an exceptionally fun riding experience.
Performance: The differences between the standard Bolt and the R-Spec model include; different colours & graphics, preload adjustable premium remote reservoir gas shocks, a cool, textured seat with coloured stitching and blacked-out mirrors.
Style: The Bolt R-Spec is designed to be compact and slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Star accessories. We have over 30 OEM accessories available, making it easy for you to transform a Bolt into "your" Bolt. From traditional Bobber to café racer, the Bolt has unlimited customization possibilities.
- 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin engine produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque. Maximum torque is reached at only 3,000 rpm - for an exceptionally fun riding experience.
- Cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum volumetric or filling efficiency for maximum power output. The benefit of a 4-valve design is two smaller valves allow more fuel-air flow and a higher rpm limit than a single heavier larger valve.
- Pent roof combustion chamber design with optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber (and the centrally located long reach spark plug) for faster, more complete combustion, improved power and reduced emissions.
- The SOHC valve train features 31.5mm intake and 28mm exhaust valves with single valve springs which reduce friction and power losses. Specially designed "Y" shaped roller rocker arms activate the valves. The roller rocker system utilizes needle bearings that "roll" directly on the cam lobes allowing the lift of 2 valves at the same time without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction.
- Auto adjusting cam chain tensioners are used to reduce mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Lightweight, "liner-less" aluminium cylinders feature ceramic composite plating for superior heat dissipation for excellent cooling, less friction, reduced weight and longer engine life. Cylinder cooling fins feature brushed aluminum highlights.
- Single pin style crankshaft is used to enhance V-twin engine character and exhaust note.
- Lightweight forged aluminium pistons provide excellent durability while reducing reciprocating mass for fast throttle response.
- Wet sump oil delivery system features an easy access spin-on type oil filter and easy access drain plug. A traditional dipstick is used to check oil level.
- Classic side mounted, 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, high-flow viscous paper-type filter. The outer cover features brushed aluminum highlights.
- Dual bore, 35mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a "closed loop" system that utilizes a heated oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The Idle Speed Control (ISC) maintains a steady idle regardless of engine temperature.
- 4-hole, 2-directional spray, Denso fuel injectors are used for excellent fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder.
- Fuel injection benefits include; excellent fuel economy, choke-less starting, reduced emissions, and smooth drive-ability. The Bolt R-Spec has been tuned to provide very "linear" throttle response for easy riding.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
- Powerful 32 bit ECU controls the ignition and fuel injection processes
- Multi-plate "outer pull type'" wet clutch is used. Lever pull is light and easy.
- 5-speed transmission features optimized gear ratios for excellent city and highway drive-ability. Transmission gears use "straight cut dogs" for smooth, positive shifting. 5th gear delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
- Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The 21mm narrow design belt utilizes carbon fibre cords for excellent strength and reduced stretching.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
- Stylish 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb-type catalyzer at the entry point of the muffler to reduce emissions. The rear header pipe "snakes" toward the front cylinder in order to provide the necessary tuned length, not to mention it is a key styling highlight too. The short design "dual stage type" muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin exhaust note.
- Tube type, single backbone, double cradle steel frame offers a natural riding position, roomy ergonomics and a low seat height. This frame utilizes a 4-point rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The engine is mounted low in the chassis to provide a low center of gravity for light, easy handling.
- Conventional tube-type, steel, short design swingarm compliments the frame and utilizes a dual shock suspension system.
- The Bolt R-Spec features a low (690mm / 27.2") seat height. A very narrow design through the seat-fuel tank junction makes it even easier to place both feet flat on the ground, an important benefit for many riders.
- The compact (1570mm / 61.8") wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
- The Bolt R-Spec is designed to be compact and slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Star accessories. The styling is "Star Original Bobber" with a modern twist. The design invokes a sense of dynamic forward motion and concentrated mass. The engine features "raw metal" styling highlights.
- 41mm front fork features plastic chip guards to protect fork tubes and seals. Wheel travel is 120mm (4.7") for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Lightweight, forged aluminum upper triple clamp and forged steel lower triple clamp. The "pitch" between the fork tubes is 190mm or 7.5", which is well proportioned to 100/90 series front tire.
- Adjustable dual premium, remote reservoir gas shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70mm (2.8"). The 5-positions of spring preload adjustment allows the rider to tailor spring preload to suit rider weight, load and road conditions.
- Single, 298mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style rotor squeezed by a twin piston caliper for strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power. The wave-style rotor offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation.
- 298 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity.
- Conventional low rise 1" handlebar offers an upright riding position for excellent rider comfort. The bar can be changed to a different design or bend for easy customization.
- 12 litre teardrop shaped fuel tank compliments the slim, compact design of the Bolt R-Spec.
- Separate rider and passenger seats offer excellent comfort and style. The rider seat height is only 690mm or 27.2 inches off the ground. Both seats feature a dual texture premium buckskin/suede design. The passenger seat can easily be removed if desired.
- Short design front and rear fenders are made of steel for easy customization and demonstrate the quality of build.
- Lightweight 12-spoke cast aluminium wheels are fitted with tubeless tires. Front wheel is an MT2.50x19 fitted with a 100/90-19 bias tire, while the rear is an MT3.50x16 fitted with a 150/80x16 bias tire.
- LCD digital meter assembly features a speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve tripmeter (counts kilometres since low fuel warning light activated) and a clock. Warning lights include; low fuel, oil level and engine trouble. Right side handlebar switch gear allows the operator to "tab through" or re-set the main instrument functions thereby eliminating the need to take your hands off the bars.
- 60/55 watt halogen headlight with chrome bezel
- "Vintage design" LED tail light features 19 LED's for excellent visibility. Chrome bezel adds another styling highlight.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish
- Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
- Self cancelling turn signals
- Upper & lower belt covers help prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
- Locking fuel cap and locking tool kit cover
- Traditional style, fork mounted steering lock
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery
- Lean angle sensor will kill the engine if the bike has tipped over.
- Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4 per cylinder), 60 deg., V-twin
- Displacement: 942cc
- Bore and Stroke: 85 x83 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Maximum Torque: 8.2 kg- m (59.3 ft. lb.) @ 3,000rpm
- Fuel Delivery: 35 mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
- Estimated Fuel Consumption: 21.6 kpl / 61 mpg (imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension (Front): 41 mm fork
- Suspension (Rear): Preload adjustable premium dual gas charged piggyback shocks
- Brakes (Front): 298 mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Brakes (Rear): 298 mm disc / single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 100/90 x 19
- Tires (Rear): 150/80 x 16
- Length: 2,290 mm (90.2 in.)
- Width: 830 mm (37.2 in.)
- Height: 1,120 mm (44.1 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,570 mm (61.8 in.)
- Rake / Trail: 29 deg. / 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Seat Height: 690 mm (27.2 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 12 L (2.6 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 246 kg (542 lb.)
- Colour(s): Vivid Red, Yellowish Gray Metallic
- Engine Type
- SOHC, 8-valves (4 per cylinder), 60 deg., V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 85 x83 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 35 mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork
- Rear Suspension
- Preload adjustable premium dual gas charged piggyback shocks
- Front Brakes
- 298 mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 298 mm disc / single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 100/90 x 19
- Rear Tire
- 150/80 x 16
- 1,570 mm (61.8 in.)
- Seat Height
- 690 mm (27.2 in.)
- 29 deg.
- 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 L (2.6 Imp. gal.)
- 21.6 kpl (61 mpg (Imp.))
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 246 kg (542 lb.)
- 5 speed
- Final Drive
- Vivid Red, Yellowish Gray Metallic