Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Suzuki RMX - 450Z
Equipped with hand guards.
The RM-Z450 is know for delivering the highest level of performance while maintaining great balance. The 449cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine develops exceptional power from idle to redline and provides incredibly crisp throttle response; along with new performance upgrades straight from the factory is the reason why champions choose Suzuki!
The RM-Z450 features an updated ECM ignition program for more advanced control on Suzuki's Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC). The revolutionary Showa SFF-Air suspension, which eliminates coil springs to provide larger inner tube diameter, has increased damper rod/piston sizes and reduces weight; provides you with incredibly precise handling and smooth performance on the toughest tracks. Simply put, the 2017 Suzuki RM-Z450 gives you the key to overpower the competition.
- The Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from the factory race bike to help riders launch from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three modes so riders can choose the best option for their skill level and riding conditions.
- A Mode: For hard surfaces or less than ideal conditions at the starting gate, hold down the S-HAC switch for more than 0.7 second, B Mode:When there is better traction and a more aggressive launch is needed, hold down the S-HAC switch for more than 1.8 second.
- The SFF-Air suspension is an evolution of the SFF system with no coil spring, reduced weight, increased inner tube diameter, and increased damper rod/piston size. The SFF-Air is made of 3 chambers and riders change the spring rate with an air pump instead of changing out the coil springs.
- Engine start has been improved with a longer kick starter lever for easier operation, a redesigned kick drive gear, a relocated kick idle gear, a newly added breather gear, and a redesigned decompression system that works more precisely and efficiently.
- A redesigned frame increases rigidity and reduces weight by 4% from the previous model.
- Cooling performance has been enhanced with the radiator hose connection being changed from a T-shaped to a Y-shaped design for more equal water flow between left and right radiators. Water flow is also increased by 16% with a redesigned water pump cover and the water hose is now directly connected to the water pump.
- The gear shift feel has been improved with a revised gear shift cam for a more precise operation. The machining process of each gear was also reviewed to increase precision of matching gears.
- The ECM ignition program has been upgraded for more advanced control when engaging Suzuki's Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC), helping every rider launch like a winner.
- New light-weight front brake calipers to improve handling responce.
- The RM-Z450 features new colour graphics for 2017 adding increased style to a winning bike.
- The piston pin has Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface treatment, for less friction and increased durability.
- Aluminum cylinder, with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating, is designed for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- Lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system with progressive throttle linkage makes for efficient power delivery. 12-hole fuel injector delivers a fine fuel/air mist for efficient operation.
- For quick fuel adjustment setting to suit riding condition, two couplers are enclosed. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Riders can change fuel setting to best suit the riding conditions by simply connecting either coupler.
- 449cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine developed to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline performance.
- Refined 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors.
- Slim chassis design makes for a slim riding position, opening up the cockpit to allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- The rear shock, working through Suzuki’s superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 12.2 inches of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- Renthal Aluminum Fatbar is standard equipment. It has more strength and less vibration than Aluminum straight handlebars.
- Excel aluminum rims are standard equipment and built for durability and strength.
- Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on black-colored top surface to provide additional grip.
- Engine: 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm (3.8 in. x 2.4 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Starter: Primary kick
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Overall Length: 2190 mm (86.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1495 mm (58.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 955 mm (37.6 in.)
- Curb Weight: 112 kg (247 lb.)
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID520MXV4, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- Warranty: No Warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0mm x 62.1mm (3.8 in. x 2.4 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 112 kg (247 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- 1495 mm (58.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height
- 955 mm (37.6 in.)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID520MXV4, 114 links
- No Warranty