Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Honda Montesa Cota - MRT260
Stock Image: Red/White/Blue
Kelowna Honda Powerhouse
RED / WHITE / BLUE
Montesa Cota - MRT260
$795 Freight, Assembly, and Pre-Delivery Inspection + $293 Vehicle Processing
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Honda Unicam power: The Cota 4RT260 uses an exclusive Honda 259 cc liquid-cooled 4-valve Unicam engine that was designed and tuned specifically for the unique demands of trials riding, including the need for ultra-strong low-rpm power.
- Power boost: A high-pressure fuel pump helps to boost midrange and top-end performance while maintaining the engine's excellent power delivery at low rpm.
- Easy to modulate: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with a narrow, high-velocity 28 mm throttle body ensures rapid fuel/air flow and precise cylinder filling, resulting in crisp power delivery that's easy to modulate—so critical in trials riding.
- Battery-less ignition: Battery-less digital ignition includes a bank-angle sensor to switch off the ignition when the motorcycle is lying horizontal.
- Linear power curve: Precise mapping of the ignition system's ECU gives the engine a consistent power curve, particularly in the low and mid ranges.
- Reduced engine braking: A crankcase decompression system limits engine braking when closing the throttle for improved rider control, making the bike feel lighter and easier to handle.
- Optimum fan placement: The radiator fan is positioned in a manner that promotes evacuation of dirt, pebbles or other objects and prevents blockage of the fan itself.
- Smooth, accurate shifting: Gearing in the close-ratio five-speed transmission was selected to perfectly match the engine's powerband so you always have the perfect gear for whatever section you're riding.
- Dual Map ECU: Traction different from one section to the next? No problem. The Cota's ECU lets you choose between two ignition maps with the flick of a handlebar-mounted switch.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Classic quality: The Cota 4RT260 features an aluminum chassis with a gorgeous finish, showcasing classic Montesa styling and impeccable manufacturing quality.
- Premium suspension: A 39 mm TECH cartridge-type adjustable fork provides 175 mm (6.9 in.) of travel. The Repsol Race Replica edition steps up to a premium Showa competition-spec fork.
- Tight packaging: Every component was painstakingly designed to be as compact and to fit as tightly as possible, resulting in a bike that's incredibly svelte and smooth, with a minimum of jutting surfaces to inhibit your movement.
- Pro-Link performance: At the back, the Pro-Link suspension features an adjustable R16V damper and 170 mm (6.7 in.) of travel, while the Race Replica edition features a competition-spec Showa adjustable shock.
- Traction and handling: Dunlop D803GP tires provide incredible traction while also giving the Cota more-responsive handling.
- Innovative rear wheel: The 32-spoke rear wheel features an innovative system incorporating central-adjustment spokes for a significant weight reduction. The system also allows the Cota to use a tubeless rear tire.
- Strong and light: Compact and lightweight front brake system uses a 4-piston caliper (monoblock on the Race Replica edition), 183 mm rotor and sintered metal pads. The rear brake features a 2-piston caliper, 150 mm hydraulic disc and sintered metal pads.
- Secure grip: Wide, adjustable footrests provide extra grip and confidence in the toughest sections.
- Best of both: Weighing just 74.3 kg (163.7 lb) with fuel, the Cota 4RT260 is a cutting-edge trials bike—the perfect combination of Honda's engine technology and Montesa's world-championship trials experience.
- Removable seat: The 4RT260 includes an easily installed additional seat that incorporates a handy storage area, so you can use your Cota for both serious competition and fun play riding.
- Carbon-fibre protection: The Repsol Race Replica edition comes equipped with beautiful carbon-fibre guards on the fork, engine cases and muffler that look trick and provide additional protection.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 259 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 78.0 mm x 54.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain; 10T/41T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 39 mm Showa fork with pre-load, compression and extension adjustments; 175 mm (6.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link®, Showa damper with pre-load and extensions adjustments; 170 mm (6.7 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 2.75-21 Michelin Trail Competition Rear: 4.00-18 Michelin Trail Competition X11
- Brakes: Front: 183 mm hydraulic disc with four-piston caliper and sintered metal pads Rear: 150 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Ground Clearance: 335 mm (13.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,321 mm (52 in.)
- Curb Weight: 74.3 kg (163.7 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 1.9 L
- Colour: Red/White/Blue
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 259 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 78.0 mm x 54.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- 39 mm Showa fork with pre-load, compression and extension adjustments; 175 mm (6.9 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 183 mm hydraulic disc with four-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Front Tire
- 2.75-21 Michelin Trail Competition
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link®, Showa damper with pre-load and extensions adjustments; 170 mm (6.7 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 150 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Rear Tire
- 4.00-18 Michelin Trail Competition X11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 74.3 kg (163.7 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.9 L
- 1,321 mm (52 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 335 mm (13.2 in.)
- Seat Height
- 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain; 10T/41T