Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Honda Rubicon 500 DCT Deluxe - TRX500FA7
Stock Image: Gray Metallic
Sale: Save $750.00 now until 3/31/2019
Kelowna Honda Powerhouse
Rubicon 500 DCT Deluxe - TRX500FA7
$795 Freight, Assembly, and Pre-Delivery Inspection + $293 Vehicle Processing
$250 Accessory credit on all TRX500FA6 and TRX500FA7 models! This is included in the sale price!
$250 Accessory credit on all TRX500FA6 and TRX500FA7 models! This is included in the sale price!
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Maximum efficiency: Powerful liquid-cooled 475 cc engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency. Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life. Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband. Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Electric starter: Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system, gets you going quickly and easily.
- Increased fuel efficiency: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for extended range.
- Dual-Clutch Transmission: Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides the compact size and strength of a manual transmission with the convenience of an automatic transmission (plus no belts to slip, break or burn out). DCT features a dual-shift mapping program that automatically selects between two transmission shifting modes—either Cruise or Sport—for optimum shift timing depending on the rider's pattern of throttle operation. During aggressive use, the Sport mode kicks in and holds the transmission in gear longer before shifting to deliver more aggressive performance. During more relaxed operation, the Cruise mode allows the transmission to shift up sooner for more casual performance and enhanced fuel efficiency. In addition to the fully automatic mode, the DCT transmission also allows riders to employ Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons. Dual-range sub transmission allows you to easily select between high and low range via a conveniently placed lever. The 5-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission will operate fully within either range, ensuring that you can always select the correct ratio for the conditions. One-handed reverse shift mechanism allows you to select reverse without ever taking your hand from the handlebars. Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement for excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- Tackle any terrain: "2WD/4WD system offers three drive modes: 2WD; 4WD with torque-sensing front differential; and 4WD with locked front differential to optimize traction. The system also features a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked to allow increased wheel speed under severe conditions, such as deep mud. "
- Quiet operation: "A sub-chamber in the air cleaner reduces resonant noise for quieter operation. Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance. "
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Lightweight advantage: Durable double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering is sturdy and lightweight for precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Independent Rear Suspension: Double-wishbone independent front suspension provides 185 mm (7.3 in.) of well-controlled travel, providing a sense of security and control over difficult terrain. Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) design with lower A arms and upper I arms features optimized stiffness for improved handling performance, and an ample 215 mm (8.5 in.) of travel. Durable wrap-around guards protect the rear suspension's lower A arms when rock crawling. Adjustable spring preload on all shocks allows suspension to be tuned to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Improved handling & better comfort: This latest iteration of Honda's proven Electric Power Steering System (EPS) features even lighter steering effort and reduced kickback for enhanced comfort while maintaining a strong feeling of control.
- Durable comfort: Aggressively styled Maxxis tires provide excellent comfort and traction. Plastic CV joint boots on the front driveshafts are tough and tear-resistant with sealed steering-knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Strong stopping power: Dual front hydraulic disc brakes with large 190 mm rotors provide strong stopping power. The brake calipers feature a built-in scraper system that removes mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim for consistent braking performance. Inboard rear disc brake is mounted on the rear driveshaft, reducing unsprung weight and keeping the disc out of harm's way in rugged conditions.
- Deluxe features: The Rubicon DCT Deluxe starts with all the same great features as the DCT IRS EPS, then adds lightweight aluminum wheels, red-painted shock springs, red-painted suspension arms and a unique white colour scheme.
- Bold bodywork: All-steel full-sized front bumper wraps around the headlights, improving protection and adding to the Rubicon's aggressive appearance. The bumper also features an integrated mount for an accessory winch. Bold bodywork offers excellent mud and debris protection.
- Improved visibility: Twin-headlight system features 35-watt headlights with focused light distribution for improved visibility after dark. Top assist 50-watt light operates independently of front headlights, allowing it to be turned off while carrying a load on the front carrier.
- Convenient maintenance access: Clever one-piece tank/side cover design requires no tools for removal, providing quick access for maintenance.
- Better heat isolation: The fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology is mounted in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and increased filter life.
- Information at a glance: Full-function instrumentation gives the dash a modern look while providing information at a glance. The display includes speed, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, coolant temperature, clock, gear position indicator, 4WD indicator and even a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it's time for service.
- All-day comfort: Substantially larger and thicker than the seats found on more utility focused models, the Rubicon's seats provide all-day comfort. Textured seat cover is cooler on hot days and provides a more secure feeling, especially against synthetic riding-gear materials. Half-waffle-style hand grips similar to those found on Honda's off-road motorcycles offer improved comfort while maintaining a secure hold in wet or muddy conditions.
- Excellent load and towing capacity: Front and rear steel-tube carriers feature large steel plates and additional tie-down points for improved load security. Load capacity for the large front and rear carriers is 45 kg (99 lbs.) and 85 kg (187 lbs.) respectively. Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 600 kg (1,322 lbs.) towing capacity.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 475 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Fully automatic, five-speed, Dual-Clutch Transmission with Selectable Electric Shift (ESP) plus Dual-range sub-transmission and reverse
- Power Steering: Standard
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing/locking front differential
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 215 mm (8.5 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 25 x 8 - 12 Rear: 25 x 10 - 12
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Length: 2,147 mm (84.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 239 mm (9.4 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,292 mm (50.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 909 mm (35.8 in.)
- Curb Weight: 325 kg (716 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 litres, including 4.9-litre reserve
- Colour: Gray Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Use of this product must comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the region in which the product is used. Please consult your local dealer for more information. Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 475 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Front Travel
- 185 mm (7.3 in.)
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8 - 12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent dual arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Rear Travel
- 215 mm (8.5 in.)
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10 - 12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 325 kg (716 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 14.7 L, including 4.9 L reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 239 mm (9.4 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2,147 mm (84.5 in.) x 1,205 mm (47.4 in.) x 909 mm (35.8 in.)
- 1,292 mm (50.9 in.)
- Final Drive
- 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing/locking front differential
- Fully automatic, five-speed, Dual-Clutch Transmission with Selectable Electric Shift (ESP) plus Dual-range sub-transmission and reverse
- Gray Metallic
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus